or the more techno version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbK1W7oLfU
atles
Investigator #133 sky bird
brisbane
fatpaddler

Re: music to play sailing

Post by fatpaddler »

I used to have one of those Martin Backpackers... stayed in tune for approx 15 seconds and was bloody hard to play with my fat stubby fingers!! I hadn't thought of taking an axe onto the boat but I like the idea of a 3/4 classical for some relaxing boat tunes. Smoke on the Water, anyone??? :lol:
Investigator #111 "Missy"
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Yeah, the Sanchez traveller has turned out not to hold its tuning between plays, not that it's an issue to retune. Lighter strings helped. Took a while to get used to the slightly narrower spacing on the strings so it's not quite a full sized fretboard. Now that I'm used to it it's fine for a bit of blues or nutting out lead lines.

Gotta be a bit careful with guitars on the water , particularly at night as sound travels a long way over calm water and you could annoy your sailing neighbours. In fact be aware that the sound of anything you are doing could travel a long way ;)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
fatpaddler

Post by fatpaddler »

Well, there goes the romantic date plans! :P
Investigator #111 "Missy"
atles

Post by atles »

:mrgreen: bump more music to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK2tDK9grQ

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
atles
brisbane
atles

Post by atles »

this is so good playing at anchor near sunset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRvhQ5Rf6-U
atles
brisbane
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

While we are covering music I thought I’d bump this thread. Any other instruments on board with people who have joined recently?🎸🎻🥁🎷🪕
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

I wonder what the salt air would do to my clarinet? A little bit of Acker Bilk wouldn't go astray. Strangers on the shore perhaps. Wouldn't want to damage the Yamaha CX though !
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

I love bagpipes being of Scottish ancestry (Scotts are not stingy they are frugal) my most enduring memory as a musician was setting up at a pub in Branxton and hearing a piper playing out in the front bar. I gingerly introduced myself and said “ look mate I’m about to sing “Long Way to the Top” with the band out the back. Hope you won’t think I’m a wally but you don’t know the pipe part do you” This dude just looked at me and without a word launched into a note perfect rendition. Which he duplicated twenty minutes later in the back bar with our band.

The punters went apesh*t.

Segue here, yesterday on Richard Glover they were talking about bagpipes and made the joke
“My mate left his bagpipes in an unlocked car in Pitt St. When he returned there were two sets of pipes and an accordion” :shock:

The pipes may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I occasionally play a few tracks with pipes on the iPhone when out on the mooring evenings. Not everyones cup of tea but nothing goes better with a sunset.
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Well, what a musical lot we are then. I thought that the clarinet would be ok, as my Yamaha Clavinover keyboard is way too big to fit in the boat and it has no 240V power supply. I sold my trumpet ( which was my first purchase when I started work) some years ago and I only had a loan of my tenor Sax, so don't have that any more either.
Now Ozzie, we also have something in common mate. I too are of Scottish descent. Originally from Dundee so I am told and yes your right, frugal, not tight. HA HA
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."