Bias boating stores

General Sailing Talk
atles

Bias boating stores

Post by atles »

:( just to let you guys know today Bias boating store Australia wide closed down
a friend of mine who works their called me up today told me to come over and get what i needed as of 2pm
all of the store have gone under

too bad i like them stores . not much left in Brisbane in the way of sailing gear shops
may have to start getting it online .
atles
Investigator #133 sky bird
brisbane
Mark

Re: Bias boating stores

Post by Mark »

But their online store is active, maybe that is their new business model ... Thats how they started as a mail order company so going back to roots?
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

I bought a couple of sail slugs at the Belmont south store on Thursday and all looked well but it's not surprising really. When Kmart stated a marine section then Bunnys and you have BCF etc and even Aldi doing a marine day it's got to start cutting big chunks out of your business . I admit I've switched to WW since they set up at Lambton even though they are further away. Their specials are great and while I'm there I grab anything else I need .

Funny I was over at Glendale Bunnys a month or two ago and asked two employees if they had a marine section there. They both said no but I walked past it on my way out :lol: I know it's only a small part of their business but ...well there's nothing like trained staff, is there?
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Fair play Ozzie
Bunnys warehouses are so big its a bit like God and the Universe.
Hard to keep track of everything.
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
CALDI4

Post by CALDI4 »

From their Facebook Page,

To our long term customers and fans,
Unfortunately we we've been placed in Voluntary Administration this week. The business stakeholders are diligently working on a solution which we will be able to communicate more about next week. At this stage, all our retail stores across Australia are trading as per normal.
We thank you for your patience.
Bias Boating Warehouse

:(
atles

Post by atles »

CALDI4 wrote:From their Facebook Page,

To our long term customers and fans,
Unfortunately we we've been placed in Voluntary Administration this week. The business stakeholders are diligently working on a solution which we will be able to communicate more about next week. At this stage, all our retail stores across Australia are trading as per normal.
We thank you for your patience.
Bias Boating Warehouse

:(
their is hope for them yet then!!
:shock: i have to pop round on Monday and see
keep you posted
atles
brisbane
atles

Post by atles »

pop in to see my friend today the news is
they are only open for a few more weeks or days as a builder is going round each site :shock: looking
at refitting the shops for lease to new type of shops get in fast if you need some thing as their be gone soon.
atles
brisbane
no way

Post by no way »

The administrators had ad in this mornings Fin review offering the complete business for sale
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Well I went over to Bias today at Belmont to take advantage of their 25% off all floor stock and hopefully get some anti foul cheap. Sad, the place is very empty , no antifoul left of course. Bought a few plastic fittings and chatted to the staff. They are in the dark. they are getting more info from customers than from their admin . Now they are trading day to day.

Business is a tough game. After visiting Asia I can see it only getting tougher. After Asia have passed the quality barriers for general goods that the Japanese passed 30 years ago and the Koreans about 12 years ago anything locally manufactured will be a thing of the past. We will all be buying PARSON outboards online (or through Bunnings) and replacing them online every two years.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
atles

Post by atles »

yep 25% off everything in stock :shock: it all has to go!!
atles
brisbane