Investigator Hull

General Sailing Talk
Satch

Investigator Hull

Post by Satch »

Hi All
I have been a member since last year - I live at Swansea Heads, Lake Macquarie. I bought #004 at Stockton around 2 years ago.

I am after a cheap Investigator 563 hull in fair condition - needing work is OK.
Yara50

Re: Investigator Hull

Post by Yara50 »

Welcome Satch. Was 004 the one from Melbourne? What is the problem with her hull?
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Satch

Post by Satch »

Thanks for the welcome. 004 had Morton Bay Club stickers on it when I bought it but had been at Stockton for 4 years. I found it later in the for sale section of this site

I am after the Investigator hull to turn into a half cabin launch so I only need the bare hull. I have a new Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke high thrust outboard to put on it. As the conversion involves a "bit of butchering" I didn't want to do that to 004. 004's hull is in too good condition.
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Do a search on the net. I think there is one currently for sale as a "motor boat".
Ian B
Satch

Post by Satch »

Thanks Ian
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Go to intafreedom.com/boatsorsale and you should find the motor boat version for $4500. However the link for more details does not work.
Ian B
Satch

Post by Satch »

Thanks again Ian. I found the add and emailed the seller to fix the link or send me the images. Satch
Satch

Post by Satch »

I tried to upload a zipped file of the images for the converted Investigator - it was too large.

If anyone would like to check them out email me and I'll send them to you.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

This link works for me.

There's an Investigator based at Marlay Point on Lake Wellington (Gippsland) which was damaged and written off when it hit a snag in the Murray. The owner bought it back from the insurance company and rebuilt it with a centrally mounted outboard, about 15hp from memory, and uses it as a motor launch on the lakes. The rig was for sale at the clubhouse at the start of last years Marlay Point.
Potential convert to Investigating.
Satch

Post by Satch »

Thanks for the info zebedee