I563 refurbishment nearly over - time for reassembling

cruiserpete

I563 refurbishment nearly over - time for reassembling

Post by cruiserpete »

Well, my lovely and fantastic I563 refurbishment is coming to en end, finally. The second and final coat of Hemple, White, 2 part, polyurethane paint has been applied and the non slip paint has now been applied. Thanks to weewilly aka Bob for the supply of Wattly Granoskin as the non slip paint, a small amount goes a long long way. Now all that's left is assembling everything back on and getting out sailing :-)

The finished product albeit, minus the assembled deck items. Might be a tad hard to clearly see the light Blue non slip paint but it's a really nice light shade of blue, just the right amount of contrast against the decks gloss white but enough blue to clearly 'see' where the safe walking areas are.

Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Re: I563 refurbishment nearly over - time for reassembling

Post by Andrew »

Looks immaculate, nice job. What painting method was used?
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

After too much lost sleep over whether to go single part or two part paint I went with the 2 part. I had read enough and watched enough videos to inform me on rolling on the 2 part and tipping off with a brush. I purchased the best rollers and brush I could afford so I would have no bits of foam, fluff or bristles coming off...

Primer was: Hemple's 2 part primer (BASE 45559 with CURING AGENT 95360), Rolled on with a good quality foam roller, then abraded with 180 grit using a random orbital sander and a sanding block for harder to reach parts.

Top Coat was: Hemple's 2 part "Polybest" top coat gloss (Base 55559: Curing agent 95370), rolled on then abraded with 180. Second and last coat was rolled on with good quality foam roller and immediately tipped off with a good quality brush.

It's not a perfect job but it's acceptable...I've about 6 runs that I did not spot which will need sanding and buffing out and about 4 brush strokes (100mm brush) that will also need sanding and buffing.... but all in all, it's better than before.

Cheers, Pete
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for that Pete, i took notes, that should help when i get around to painting

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria