Extra cabin seat and gone potti!

snoopebj

Extra cabin seat and gone potti!

Post by snoopebj »

IMG_20130516_163916_1.jpg
A Careel friend reckons the Investigator cabin is nice and cosy but spoilt by the Porta-Potti being the focal point. I experimented with a few ideas and found the Woolies collapsible step fits nicely and stows away to the side of the potti. Bend the v-berth cushion to fit and it makes a comfy seat with sitting headroom forward of the arch and blocks off the potti.
On our trip to Lake Maquarie and Bobbin head I found you could sit there and organize the v-berth lockers (and load cd's into my player which is on the fwd port bulkhead.)
Happy sailing
Attachments
IMG_20130516_163904.jpg
IMG_20130516_163840.jpg
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Yara50

Re: Extra cabin seat and gone potti!

Post by Yara50 »

Don't understand why a Careel person would make a point about the Porta Potti being the focal point, as the Careel has almost exactly the same arrangement. When you have the infill panel between the bunks in place, the PP is not so obvious.
Note the galley on starboard side.  I prefer a location closer to the hatch for ventilation.
Note the galley on starboard side. I prefer a location closer to the hatch for ventilation.
My latest mod has been to make a ply board fitting over the step to increase its width. It then becomes a comfortable seat, and allows access to both sides of the boat when the table is in place, as well a place setting for 3 people around the table in comfort.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Dr. Peter

Re: Extra cabin seat and gone potti!

Post by Dr. Peter »

Although I have a PP we try and avoid using it at all and keep it in the stern of the port lazzarette next to the fuel tank. It needs space but it does not weigh much and storing it here lessens the weight carried at the back of the boat. If we need it then we can either use it in place or move it into the cabin.

The space at front between the V-berths is used for ice-boxes, food boxes and water. This keeps this heavy weight down low and in the centre of the boat.
Peter
Pip #127