Pictures rig, cabin etc Aminee

General Sailing Talk
Mark

Pictures rig, cabin etc Aminee

Post by Mark »

I am posting a series of pics on modifications I have made to Aminee over the past 7 months. I have done a lot to bring the boat up to a good standard and whilst not a majo overhaul its been more incremental changes based usually on experiences I have had during sailing - this has usually meant a trip to my favourite chandlery, Batemans Bay Power and Sale (http://baypowerandsale.com.au), to get the appropriate bits. I hope the photos wil be useful to other I563 owners as they modify and upgrade their yachts.

first photos are of the rig.
Mark

Re: Pictures rig, cabin etc Aminee

Post by Mark »

This series concerns the use of spectra in the jib halyard
Mark

Post by Mark »

This is the mainsheet rig again using spectra

In the pic of the reefing setup (I cant remember the correct name for this) I inherited this setup on the mast and have rigged it to allow reefing into positions 1 & 2 pretty easily
Mark

Post by Mark »

Final pics of the interior etc
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thats it for a while!!
Cheers
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Nice pics. Just for information, in the pic of your vang line you can see the rubber door stop which is used to keep the pop top from splaying out. It squashes the pop top in, so that the hatch can slide freely. If your hatch is sticking, it might be time to go out and buy a new door stop as the rubber does get hard with age.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yara50 wrote: If your hatch is sticking, it might be time to go out and buy a new door stop as the rubber does get hard with age.
Thanks Ian, been wondering if you can still buy such an ancient item, (they are doorstops from my childhood I seem to remember), will hit Bunnings and see cos I have been thinking they look damn ugly and need replacing
cheers

Mark
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Re Doorstop. I bought from Bunnings, cut off the recessed end, and have a large flat washer at the top. This squashes the rubber sideways to do its job. As the rubber ages you can then tighten up and squash some more.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Mark wrote:Thanks Ian, been wondering if you can still buy such an ancient item, (they are doorstops from my childhood I seem to remember), will hit Bunnings and see cos I have been thinking they look damn ugly and need replacing
Yes, doorstops are still available in both black or white. I have a pair for a completely different application on my Dennis, see below.

Overview:
Panel up, doorstops visible:
Closeup of doorstop:
Doorstop doing it's job:

They seem to be surviving the salt water and ultraviolet reasonably well, and are dead cheap to replace if necessary. Don't forget to throw away the zinc plated screws that come with them and use stainless.
Potential convert to Investigating.