INVESTIGATOR GET TOGETHER

General Sailing Talk
Dr. Peter

INVESTIGATOR GET TOGETHER

Post by Dr. Peter »

I reckon those of us with an Investigator 563 are in on a bit of a secret. I just love my boat,

I am the commodore of Yarrawonga YC and Geoff is the Vice at his club, Geelong Trailerlerable YC. We are both executives at our respective clubs and I am sure we could drive this process. Is anyone seriously interested in a get-together for 563s?

At this point the location is TBA but my club could host - this is subject to negotiation.

I am happy to drive the process if there is enough interest out there and I'm thinking 2012.

Peter
Peter
Pip #127
geoffr

Re: INVESTIGATOR GET TOGETHER

Post by geoffr »

Peter:

That's a great idea; count me in! We have two Investigators in our club fleet at Geelong, so we'd be willing to host here if that proved more feasible for any Melbourne based boats.

Or, I'm sure my other club at Bendigo would also welcome any such event!

Perhaps a race or two, or just a cruise and a kick of the tyres!

What say others?

BTW: can anyone confirm if the mysterious former Investigator Association is still alive and kicking up in NSW? If so, what does it do, is it worth joining, and does anyone have up to date contact info please?

Cheers,
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
CALDI4

Post by CALDI4 »

Very keen to join the fun.

:D

Cal and Di
Wagga NSW

T.S. Missy
LarryW

Post by LarryW »

Sure sounds like a great idea. Victoria may be too long of a trip for me, but if I have a new tow vehicle (in the planning stage) and the free time when it happens I would love to join in.

Larry
Brisbane
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Larry
There are a few I563 in the Brisbane area and a few years ago a lunch or coffee meeting was held. Why not try again? Maybe even a sailing rally? Robert b and Gunter (Solo) are you there?
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
LarryW

Post by LarryW »

Hi Ian,
I remember the get together. I was hoping to, eventually, hook up with the Brisbane Investigators again. Excluding Gunter's report on his Moreton Island Wide bay trip I haven't seen recent post from any of them.

My boat just sat there all by herself for a few years. Now making changes and getting anxious to get on the water. Would love to have some kind of get together. Who knows maybe Lake Macquarie would be a central type place for most of us.

But if the timing is right I am hope to be up for anywhere.

Larry
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Hi all,

Well if later in 2012 I maybe in this, I would be interested depending on where it is held and when.

With my pending move (yes I'm still up here :evil: ) woman is all I will say and way behind where we should be is not helping, but I digress.
If and when I can get things sorted with my I563 I do intend to use it.
I'm already thinking the River and its lakes (as in Alexandrina and Albert) the Coorong and even a poke around outside along the South Coast and across to KI.

Now can I make it all happen, who knows but I can dream eh.
So in question here, yes I be Interested but no guarantee at this stage?

Geelong is about 700ks(about 8-9hrs at a guess) Bendigo about 630ks (7-8hrs at a guess) so no big difference

Sorry Ian I think I maybe a bit far away for the next one up here around Brissy :cry: but maybe one day who knows, I'll do a Ralph and travel again.
Cheers
Jay
http://www.seagypsyonline.com.au
Life is a game, take up the challenge - Go hard or Go home :twisted:
http://www.SaveOurSeasInt.org
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Jay
Check out the pics of I 95, a South Australian boat, in the gallery section, "Screensaver Pics". Looks like they did a lot of sailing in open water. The pics I got from the daughter of the original owner and were taken when the boat was new. The dad had passed away when I got the pics, and looking at the couple then in their prime, sailing the boat, makes me think how I should also be out there sailing, before "the moving finger having writ, moves on"...
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Yara50 wrote:Jay
Check out the pics of I 95, a South Australian boat, in the gallery section, "Screensaver Pics". Looks like they did a lot of sailing in open water. The pics I got from the daughter of the original owner and were taken when the boat was new. The dad had passed away when I got the pics, and looking at the couple then in their prime, sailing the boat, makes me think how I should also be out there sailing, before "the moving finger having writ, moves on"...
Hey Ian,

The last pic in your group of 6 of I 95 looks to be in St Vincent Gulf. The ship in the background is what tends to have me thinking that - if it is a pic taken on SA waters.
One of the others looks like it could even be down on the Lakes, but as it a bit dark hard to tell, but looks very flat water, then again the Gulf can also glass out.

and Yes mate you should be out there, things can change and a lot can happen even in one day :roll: 8-)
If anyone had said i would be moving back home 6 months ago I would have laughed at them, we just never know.
Cheers
Jay
http://www.seagypsyonline.com.au
Life is a game, take up the challenge - Go hard or Go home :twisted:
http://www.SaveOurSeasInt.org
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

LarryW wrote: Would love to have some kind of get together. Who knows maybe Lake Macquarie would be a central type place for most of us.

But if the timing is right I am hope to be up for anywhere.

Larry
I have never been there but Lake Macquarie is highly recommended. Lots of places to go to and to stop at. Reasonably central.
Peter
Peter
Pip #127