Deck wash

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Deck wash

Post by Ozzie »

For sometime I have coverted my mates deck wash system in his Cruise Craft Outsider. Yes this is a boat worth roughly 60 grand, but it's not the boat I covert only the deck wash.

Deck washes are handy things, you can wash your feet, fish and fishing gear, take a shower after a dip, take the sludge off your anchor before stowing it. But for me as moored 563 owner it would ease the drudgery out of removing the pelican/gull poop that comes with a mooring license.

I priced various DW units on the net and they are not cheap, but the main thing that stopped me buying one was the hassle of fitting it ..power... Fuse...switch..intake line etc. Plus it's pumping salt water

Recently a workmate offers me for sale one of these devices, the fully portable care cube 12v pressure washer. As he could not name a price I finished up swapping sometime I wasn't using for it .

http://www.carcube.com.au

I tried it today for the first time on Spritzig II and it was great. Not exactly a pressure wash but as good as a small mid pressure garden hose. With the nozzle and a hand bristle brush I had the boat scrubbed in about 10 minutes. I know you can use a bucket of salt water for this but spray fresh water cleans the boat quicker and leaves it less sticky. Plus all the other stuff mentioned above will be on the list as well when I take it sailing. It holds enough for about 2 cars or one investigator.

Plus it is completely portable with long hoses and electrical chord so will reach anywhere on the boat . Today I powered it from my jump start power pack as my inboard battery needed a charge but normally it plugs into standard cig lighter.

I will also use it or spraying the tender down on shore after use using the car battery.

Usual disclaimers blah blah blah ;)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
karl69

Re: Deck wash

Post by karl69 »

G,day Ozzie
Thanks for showing me around your 563 on sunday. Good to here the car cube worked, might have to get one myself.
cheers Karl
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

A pleasure Karl. Hope you find one, they are out there.

By the way if anyone is interested they now have a sailing car cube called a saltbuster with earmuff connections for outboard flushing on a mooring. the standard one looks like this
Attachments
carcube
carcube
12v-pressure-washer.gif (17 KiB) Viewed 3230 times
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
kevwr400

Post by kevwr400 »

Thanks for showing car cube looks like perfect item for TS.
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Out here in the sticks we live off a rainwater tank and channel water. Water is expensive to buy this way and channel water, well, just don;t go there. Lets just say it has abrasive qualities. I find a visit to the local carwash in town has to suffice.
Peter
Peter
Pip #127