Merry Xmas 2023

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Merry Xmas 2023

Post by Ozzie »

It’s Christmas again.
They race by like a broken down dam once your over 60. I’m not adding any boating stuff as I’ve not clocked up much in the way of sailing hours this year. Mainly due to pressing health matters that required investigation and treatment for much of the year but we are working on the boat at the moment and having Boxing Day aboard. Interestingly next year will mark our 20th year of investigator ownership. Still happy with the purchase :) although I noticed a thread on the other place regarding a few old sailors slowing down.

Who isn’t. :shock:

I would like to put another shout out to Emrys, who has not signed in since a few years back. Mate I’m absolutely hopeful that you’re still out there in Investigator land and your lack of participation has been due to you winning powerball, buying a Benatau and sailing back to Wales. Emrys has been a big contributor to the forum over the years and a welcome foil to my sometimes off kilter threads.

Mate, I’m hoping the fact that your 563 has not turned up for sale in any of the usual places that folks here monitor that you’re going to join us again soon.

I can’t think of another interesting way to say it this year so I’ll just say simply…sail, don’t drive over the break, it’s a shipload safer.

Merry Xmas to all from Ozzie and crew.
Ps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJeuDuKu_c

As a small Xmas gift, if your year, like ours, has not gone too well. Here is a laugh for those of us who like to mix a bit of inventing with our boating. I’m sure there is a little bit of Kevin in all Invesitgator owners. :lol: there is an earlier video on him building the boat.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Re: Merry Xmas 2023

Post by Andrew »

Merry Xmas Ozzie and crew, hope next year is a good one on the water and on land too

Cheers
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Thanks for the thread Ozzie.

I wish more sailing hours for all, including and especially me.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Merry Christmas one and all. Hope to get on the water if this rotten wind will die down a bit, even if it’s only to give the new fishing rods their first run.
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

We had some nice days on the boat over the break while daughter mk2 was home from UK . Seeing more and more of these hand held foils on the Lake now . The thing that is amazing from a straight physics of sailing thing, to me anyway, is how little wind there was, as you can see by the water surface on the pic, but how high he was out of the water. About 300 to 400mm with what felt like wind of maybe 5 knots. On top of that he was not moving that fast. Amazing devices.

I usually find to get Spritzig II 300mm out of the water I need winds of between 100 to 200 kmh. :shock:
5478E3CC-0475-4FF5-AE9E-284CA57BCFC5.jpeg
Tap pic to enlarge
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)