Magnetic coupling.

Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Magnetic coupling.

Post by Ozzie »

You may recall my link in the “new mooring “ thread to Angus Rowboats. A mighty interesting site . The pic I threw up was their wheelbarrow dinghy, and a very good one too. Anyway I went back there today to look at the other videos on the site and this caught my eye . With this caption who wouldn’t be interested

The propulsion and navigation system is installed. As far as we know, this is the first boat in the world using an inboard motor coupled to the prop with a magnetic coupling. We’ll be doing our first water test on Friday, and then will be moving the project to U-Vic’s Tech park in the New Year where our engineers will begin tackling installation of cameras, telemetry, AI powered collision avoidance systems, and sensor integration.
F8C54FFE-3319-43DD-8C98-949E82F8B951.jpeg
Aren’t people bloody clever!!

This was 2018 . The rest of the stuff requires Facebook which I’m allergic to but would be interesting I’m sure. As I mentioned regarding the electric yacht stuff the advances in stuff such this may be made by clever people or groups of people doing it for the challenge and love of the game rather than corporate greed. Those dudes come after.

https://m.facebook.com/angusrowboats/vi ... 057960095/

Scan down the page a bit :)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Re: Magnetic coupling.

Post by Peter T »

Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."