Looking for an Invest563 in Victoria / Gippsland / Melb

LIMNASailing

Looking for an Invest563 in Victoria / Gippsland / Melb

Post by LIMNASailing »

Just a shout out to any members considering upscaling or downgrading.

I'm looking for a tidy, non-moldy, not moored, well looked after boat. I'm a pretty fussy person who looks after my things quite well, so kind of hoping I can find a similar owner. Finally got a decent towing 4wd (decent enough) and now searching daily for my new boat :P

If you are considering up/down shifting, please reach out.

Current searching:

TSP
Yachthub
Gumtree
FB
boatsales.com.au
boatsonline

Admins, please let me know if this post is not appropriate, no wish to spam / cause issues.

Cheers.

Limna
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Looking for an Invest563 in Victoria / Gippsland / Melb

Post by Ozzie »

Hope you find a boat Limna. I normally suggest placing a wanted ad in gumtree Sometimes I think people have boats sitting unused and such ads convince them to decide on selling. I would not write off completely the idea of a moored vessel if it’s been looked after well but obviously that’s a personal decision.

Also your not competing with other buyers with a wanted ad. Good luck :)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
LIMNASailing

Post by LIMNASailing »

My advert is placed, gumtree covered. Now thinking I need to try a few more sites - any tips?

Hope and wait / pray!
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

I don’t have Facebook but there are large marketplace and specific category marketplace Facebook sites that may help. I am a longtime gummy user but I’m becoming somewhat of a dinosaur I suppose. Gumtree has become a site for commercial car ads. You used to be able to put a “general” search in and get a good mix of items, but now five pages of cars …a garden rake ….five pages of cars… dog…..etc :shock: :shock: .

The trick is you can specifically list one category ie boats, if you are browsing, but you can’t select “ no cars “ , meaning if you want a general search you have to go through each category one at a time. I guess it suites their business model as they have lots of extra pages coming up that allow them to post paid ads for other products. But I think it’s been driving people to Facebook as well.

It’s not an issue if you’ve posted your wanted ad in the “Boats and JetSki “ section. Grab a pic of the profile drawing off this forum if you haven’t already. That’s pretty much recognised by most owners. As for FB I have no ideas on how you post there.

Anyway good luck and keep trying. There seems to be a good turnover on 563s, rarely because of disappointment, mainly sold due to infirmity, lack of time or growing families. Three things we all face at one time or another.
Last edited by Ozzie on Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
LIMNASailing

Post by LIMNASailing »

Thanks Ozzie.

One has come up in my many daily searches. 5.5 hours from me.

The boat was known on here, and sold due to health decline unfortunately for the gentleman, and was fully renovated when sold.
The current owner has done what anyone does, sailed a lot and had great times, however the maintenance side is not something he's fussed on, which I can understand.

The condition of the boat is generally good from a video inspection, paint flaking in some areas, some scuffs here and there, and the gunwales have pulled away and held together just by tape at the moment as the owner is quite busy. Trailer seems pretty weathered but just passed rego inspection this month. I think maintenance was the main thing in both trailer and boat. Though interior looks tidy.

I don't have a lot of time for restoration, (but maintenance I quite enjoy) any thoughts on repair costs for the gunwales and touching up paint that has flaked through a layer?

I'd say easier to replace than repair, but I don't have the time and likely need a boat builder in Lakes area to sort out.

The boat was almost fully restored in 2015 I think, wish I could have picked it up then, but umming and rrring if I will end up wasting time waiting for trades to be available to make repairs. Weighing up waiting for a tidy edition ready to go verse tidying this one up.

Penny for your thoughts :P
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

They come up for sale quite frequently. It is important that the buyer knows exactly what they are getting in to. Worst problem you could have is the lead compartments under the floor full of water or the centreboard pivot bolt holes completely worn out. All these things can be fixed. A certain amount of skill and knowledge is required to rectify these two issues. Almost all other issues one might encounter are superficial and relatively easy to resolve. There are plenty of articles on this forum on how to effect all repairs so it comes down to the buyers skill level verses cost for what you get.
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
LIMNASailing

Post by LIMNASailing »

Thanks Peter