Also 1985 i563 in Queensland $3800

Huey G.O.W

Also 1985 i563 in Queensland $3800

Post by Huey G.O.W »

Hi guys,

Another 1985 i563 for $3800 needs some TLC and trailer needs work and not registered.

Its at Runaway Bay in Queensland.

Could be a good one for the right person.

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/deta ... D-14991579
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: Also 1985 i563 in Queensland $3800

Post by Raya »

This is Palamida, Robert Burrell's old boat. Robert was very active on this forum and posted several youtube videos.
The Investigator looks like it has been moored for a few years but is otherwise in good shape. The price seems very reasonable. My records show this as boat No 5.

Runaway bay is just down the road from me. I think I'll pop over for a look.
Palamida
Palamida
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Palamida always fooled me into thinking there was a another mold that had different larger windows originally. Compare the window size and shape with others. Ian B twigged that it was just oversized dark Perspex in a more angled shape fitted to the cabin sides. Looks ok for the price. Lots of gear.

Robert B was a big contributor to the forum in the early days and set the pace back then with his offshore trip out from 1770. Robert was a Doctor of Music and professional composer/teacher and wrote and played the music on the video which is on YouTube. He sold his 563 to teach overseas. Hope your doing well Robert and getting some boating in somehow.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Yes Ozzie, that is very interesting re the windows. I note the windows have no screws that can be seen. I wonder if they were cut out to fit the outer surround moulding and fitted that way? Only thing is, did the real early boats have that 2nd outer moulding around the window ? They may very well just be stuck to the cabin side,which would explain the different shape as well ?If you look closely, I think you can see some of the cabin side through the front of the front window. Hard to tell though
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

viewtopic.php?p=3803&hilit=Window+shape#p3803

Comparison pics here Peter plus comments.

Not that it matters a toss but I think the larger angled windows make the boat look smaller. I have on occasion shown pics of Spritzig II to people and a frequent comment is it looks much larger than 18’6” . The small windows I think add to that perspective. As I said it matters not. Wonder what it would look like with portholes ;)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Like a 30 footer Ozzie, Ha Ha
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

I've always thought along the same lines as Peter... that some larger look windows may have been cut to fit the outer moulding. I considered it when I did mine recently but it looked as though the camber would be less conducive to a good seal. I stuck with easy.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Yes exactly Geoff. My main reason for not doing it was that at one spot on the top of one of the front windows, the outer lip almost disappears, so it would not have looked right at that point.
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Ozzie wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:38 pm Palamida always fooled me into thinking there was a another mold that had different larger windows originally. Compare the window size and shape with others. Ian B twigged that it was just oversized dark Perspex in a more angled shape fitted to the cabin sides. Looks ok for the price. Lots of gear.

Robert B was a big contributor to the forum in the early days and set the pace back then with his offshore trip out from 1770. Robert was a Doctor of Music and professional composer/teacher and wrote and played the music on the video which is on YouTube. He sold his 563 to teach overseas. Hope your doing well Robert and getting some boating in somehow.
Roberts u-tube video to 1770 inspired me to take up sail boat ownership again, and also to go for the I563 design as well.

Here's a link to his u-tube channel. There's not that many I563 sailing videos out there. He's recorded 2 I563's Magarita and Wagtail out sailing on Moreton Bay. see "Lady Musgrave" movie (launched from 1770) https://www.youtube.com/@RobertB4170/videos
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria