Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: Unknown # fb investigator

Post by Raya »

I haven't come across this Investigator before.

Looks to be a good candidate for a restoration. The missing hatch might be a challenge though.

I haven't seen a Chrysler outboard for a long time. I had a similar one when I was a teenager so I guess the motor was bought new along with the Investigator. I'm surprised that it is still going.

A previous owner has thoughtfully scratched the sail number on the good design plaque. Good Design plaques appear on boats from around 50 and stop around sail 120. No 86 is about right and would date the boat (and motor) to around 1980.
Good Design Plaque
Good Design Plaque
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Unknown # fb investigator

Post by Ozzie »

I’ve not seen that one on the Lake before and I sail in that area frequently but looks ok. I suppose if you have to fabricate a hatch the slider is the easiest. My cruiser from the 90s had a Chrysler OB, 140hp beast of a thing. Went ok . Chrysler morphed into Force , which was the second motor I had on the Swiftcraft.

At the price it seems reasonable. I guess it would need to be figured into purchase how much work if any you need to get the trailer registered. If your thinking of buying try and get previous rego papers as I think that makes the process easier , at least the rego number. Used to be the case anyway.

No 86 eh ? You could call it “Max” :)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)