I563 spare parts boat South Hobart

Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

I563 spare parts boat South Hobart

Post by Andrew »

Found this Gumtree add by chance, sad but Spare parts boat at South Hobart tip store for $300 or less,

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-h ... 1298346451

Looks like she had a cabin fire ? Still some good parts on her, and a spare hull incase someone has smashed their hull beyond repair...(hull could make a good backyard cubby house for kids)

Mast, rails, winches, mast step, good aluminium gunwales...
i563 parts Hobart
i563 parts Hobart
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Huey G.O.W

Re: I563 spare parts boat South Hobart

Post by Huey G.O.W »

I reckon this could be repaired and make an awesome project boat.
Could be modified to someone’s liking and be a one of a kind investigator.
Someone please save this boat. It has 93 on the transom so could be hull number.
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

I think maybe C Games that caught fire earlier this year?
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Hopefully the rest of the boats gear is still available somewhere.
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Gee, what a shame. Just the stainless bar work and mast (if not heat damaged) would be worth $300 if you needed them .

I certainly hope someone takes it up as a project, every one we lose is one less :cry: I wonder how hot things have to get before a fg hull loses its structural integrity. If it was only the interior fittings and mattresses, and not a tank of fuel, it may not have got that hot just burned up the contents and created a lot of smoke .

Would need an expert eye to judge I guess :?:

Edit: Just enlarged the pic and windows seem to be intact and not melted. That would I think be a very good omen regarding level of heat …maybe.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Guys. It is C games. I thought about it but they need it gone so you wouldn't be able to just take the useful bits and I don't have the room to put it anywhere. It might be a good thing if someone wanted to make molds for reproduction of parts. For example, wouldn't it be good for things like the centreboard case could then be reproduced for those who have issues in that area. Then you could just produce a new case. Cut the old one out and replace it complete. And on it goes. Just limited by imaginationWouldn't that be something.
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Very sad to see but not totally convinced that this is C-Games. There is no name or number on the hull and I've spotted a few more discrepancies. I don't have a listing for No 93 so maybe it is 93.
C-Games May 2021
C-Games May 2021
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

I thought it was C-Games because of the dock size mooring cleat on the foredeck behind the hatch.
29D07F73-2D10-491D-8455-C8C740A0A17C.jpeg
Edit. Actually just looked through all the pics on gumtree for the first time. I didn’t notice there were seven pics. I can’t help thinking this would be a goer for the right hands . Imagine the hull after a good pressure wash inside and out. I think it looks like most of the damage has been from ignition of stuff in the forward compartment. The rear area looks relatively unscathed but hard to tell. Worth at least a look for a handy person who may have been lurking here tossing up Investigator ownership.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Post by Watto »

Check out the bowsprit.(think that’s what it’s called)
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

I believe this is CGames. If It is, then it was burnt in some amount of fire and the previous owner stated " C games is no more" . How badly it was damaged, I don't know as I have not seen it. Although in saying that, I firmly believe that if a thing was built in the first place, then it can be re built or repaired . It would need to be seen to make this decision. Sections of a boat can be cut out and re fibreglassed or a mould can be taken prior to cutting a section out which enables that section to be reproduced. It may require a certain amount of temporary repair to obtain a fair surface to create the mould. Once done, the new piece can then replace the damaged section. What it comes down to is the amount of work and expense someone is willing to go to to effect a strong and reliable repair.
As previously stated, it would be a shame to waste such a well designed little boat. So if it could be repaired to a safe and strong boat, then it would be a shame for that not to happen.I hope someone with a bit of knowledge and want grabs this boat and saves it. Also, if that happens, I would be only too pleased to offer assistance by way of advice if required.
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."