Winter jobs/ lockdown

General Sailing Talk
snoopebj

Winter jobs/ lockdown

Post by snoopebj »

Just like to say to everyone to keep safe and use this time to work on your boat. Always work to do so a great distraction from this madness. We’ll be ready to sail then when this mess is over.
Let us know what jobs you’re doing.

I’m replacing my two old 40ah agm batteries and 40w solar panel and regulator.
Installing an Aldi agm battery I bought a while ago and a (recommended) German 160w solar panel and regulator instead of present 40w Chinese panel and regulator. Amazing how prices have dropped and power increased.

Installing a solar fan in cabin door( washboard) behind the s.s.vent to prevent more cabin mould attacks.

Let us know what you’re doing and keep safe.
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
007davesa

Re: Winter jobs/ lockdown

Post by 007davesa »

Hi Emrys, be good to see some pic's when your finished, I purchased sail no 146 a few weeks ago a pretty bare boat and looking to fit it out for cruising.
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Hi Dave
Congrats on the boat purchase. Mine was also just a bare day sailer. Sometimes I think that’s better then you can fit it out to suit yourself. Over the years of cruising lakes and limited offshore sailing I have experimented with many different setups. I sail with other owners sometimes and its very interesting to see the various fit outs.
Main thing have heaps of fun.
will post pics when Ive finished ( and when it stops bloody raining)
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Dave,

Great to here to Queeny J is back on the forum. I look forward to hearing of your adventures in her. Here is a pic of your boat taken in 2007.
Queeny J
Queeny J
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Welcome Dave, the boats are really a bare canvas but everyone eventually puts their stamp on them. This place is not short of good ideas if you want to add bits to personalise her.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
007davesa

Post by 007davesa »

Thanks guy's, been checking out your boat Emrys very nice look forward to the new pic's, yep that's the one Ray nice pic, she now resides St Georges Basin. Hasn't been sailed for some time so going over it and checking where everything goes for which this site has been invaluable.....cheers Dave