Charles Stock and Shoalwaters

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Charles Stock and Shoalwaters

Post by Ozzie »

http://shoal-waters.moonfruit.com/home-page/4513741672

The discussion on stoves and basic on board cooking had me searching through some very old bookmarks for a link that had an interesting stove set up swinging on a gimbal. I didn’t find the link I was after but in the process turned up this very old bookmark and began rereading the site through again after many years. I discovered this site when I first bought the investigator and it was rather inspirational. I thought I would share it. Sadly the author Charles Stock passed away long ago but I’m pleased his descendants have maintained the site as it is extremely Interesting to read. In keeping with the Investigator owners philosophy I would think.

It is something of a pre youtube “Keep Turning Left” for those familiar with Dylan Winter.
AD4BC1A4-9637-4A5B-AC88-CD4D892A2108.jpeg
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: Charles Stock and Shoalwaters

Post by Geoff »

Ozzie that's beaut.

I just read the 'Living Comfortably' article. Makes you grateful for the Investigator and realize just how much potential we have. His is 16 and a half ft long and a centreboard case in the guts. Crawling into forward bunks. Cold and wet more often than not. :o

Give me Queensland and an Investigator any day, a palace by comparison.

I thought his 'bridge deck' was interesting. You could make a small platform to fit between the seats at the front of the cockpit so a passenger could sit facing forward with their feet on the companionway threshold. Just a flat board, lift on or off easy. Hmmm.

When you start that page of interesting links, this one will be on it for sure... ;)
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"