New Investigator in Melbourne

Manango
Investigator Boat Name: RIPPLE

New Investigator in Melbourne

Post by Manango »

Check out https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 309870389/ .
For the price, if I was closer I would be half tempted, just for the sails, but alas no kite, and I am over 2000Km away. This looks like an excellent opportunity for someone to get into a great boat. If anyone has or knows of a source for decent sails please let me know
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: New Investigator in Melbourne

Post by Geoff »

Yes Rick, looks like a good thing for the ask.

When you get up and running, where are you going to sail?
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Manango

Post by Manango »

Hi Montoman,
Sorry, just saw your comment. First things first, get the boat wet again.
Dams would be good. Boondooma, or Wivenhoe. But the water levels in both are fairly low at the moment. Most of my boating has been at Boondooma as I just camp by the water and tie the boat up next to camp site.
If salt, looking seriously at Tin Can Bay then up the great sandy straight to Harvey and accross to Fraser. I am very open minded so willing to look st all suggestions. Until recently I did not have a tow vehicle that I could safely launch with, especially when water levels are low. It would be great to sail with other boats and this may be deciding factor, so Tin Can Bay may win out.
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hey Rick, similar longitude which is why I asked. I mostly sail on Wuruma dam but have my sights set on Hervey Bay. And by extension the Straits. Hoping to move to the Bay this year but if not I will probably keep the boat and trailer at a storage place to save the tow.

Hopefully we can hook up in the near future.
Geoff

Manango

Post by Manango »

Geoff,
Firstly a question. I do not seem to be getting notifications of your posts or any other posts that I have commented on. Any suggestions?
Secondly, always heard great things about Wuruma, but have never been there. How difficult is it to launch there? 39.4 percent full. Not too bad. I will have to give it a try when I get mine finished.
Rick Huntley

Manango

Post by Manango »

Geoff, Just changed my browser notification settings. Hopefully that will fix it.
Rick Huntley

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi Rick,

You should be getting email notification of every post, unless you have opted out.

In your User Control Panel (dropdown next to your username, top right)
Overview tab/Subscriptions

Make sure none of the checkboxes are ticked.

Let me know if you still aren't getting notified and I will dig deeper.

Re Wuruma. Its very agricultural but very easy. Single concrete ramp with beach both sides. Easy and no pressure. Park the car and trailer 20 metres away. The ramp is the only thing that is paved. Everything else is dirt, even the last couple of kms in. Good flat area for rigging up 100 metres away.

I only ever go through the week so sometimes have the lake to myself. At its busiest half a dozen tinnies.
Geoff

Manango

Post by Manango »

Thanks Geoff.
At the bottom of each forum, there is a checkbox next to a subscribe button / link that was ticked. As such I thought I was subscribed to the forum / topic. I clicked on the button / link and it changed to an unsubscribe button/link and a checkbox that was not ticked, and under my profile the forum now came up as subscribed. I find this slightly confusing as a tick next to a subscribe button/link would I thought have indicated that I was subscribed.
OK enough of that.
Wuruma.
I am a little shocked, as I had been told that Wuruma was just a piddly little dam and for that reason I had put it on a list to visit, but not a really high priority. It seems that I was misinformed.
It has now been added as a new priority to go to. Thanks for your input.
I can't wait to get RIPPLE in the water, but want to get it right first. The biggest job at the moment is getting the old antifouling off and repainting. Other tasks to be done are New gunwales , replace perspex windows, Electrics, and a whole heap more. Have tsken out what was left of the centerboard and have got a new one almost ready to go back in. I have so many jobs to do at home, I have had to put the boat on a backburner for a while, but just about ready to onto it full-time now. Unfortunately, no kite, and the sails are fairly sad, so am on the lookout for new / second hand ones so if you become aware of any please let me know.
I am hoping to grab a lift on a boat for the upcoming Bay to Bay from Tin Can Bay to Hervey in a months time and have my fingers crossed that it happens.

Agreed, we must catch up asap.
Thanks once again - Rick
Rick Huntley

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi Rick,

Yes the subscription mode is a bit non-intuitive. You are by default subscribed to all topics and sub-forums and you have to use the buttons to unsubscribe from any you don't want to notified about.

Good that it's sorted and looking forward to us both doing the Bay to Bay one day.
Geoff

Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Rick, when it comes to your centreboard, I am more than happy to offer you any assistance there. Don't hesitate to PM me if you would like any help.
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."