New owner, new name

General Sailing Talk
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

New owner, new name

Post by Geoff »

I recently bought 'Yara' off Ian, the former site admin of this forum.

I live in a small town in central Qld, a few hours from the coast but only half an hour from an inland lake, and an hour from another.

I have had the boat out once, and that represents 100% of my sailing experience. Went out on my own in very light breeze and all went well.

This may disappoint some, but I am renaming the boat. Yara has had 3 or 4 owners who have kept the name, but my wife and I bought the boat to fulfill my dream, and we wanted a name more aligned to that. So it is now 'Timeless'.

Ray, as keeper of the records, can you make that change? Boat number 50 - Timeless. Thanks!

I was going to go out this week, but we have placed ourselves in voluntary self-isolation for 14 days. We had to do a rescue run to get the wife's mother home to NSW from Brisbane airport. She had been holidaying in WA. We beat all the deadlines for border closures, but we don't to be responsible for bringing covid to our town.

So 2 weeks of self-imposed playing with the boat in the backyard. Could be worse!

Learning heaps from all the info in the forum, thanks to everyone who has posted, please keep it up.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: New owner, new name

Post by Raya »

Timeless she is. A good name for an Investigator. I think that the boats look just as good now as when they were new. The design was classical and indeed timeless.

The broardwater here on the coast has filled with boats these last few weeks. Perfect weather and not much else to do. I might join them if the crowd thins a bit. In the meantime, I'm finishing off the restoration of an old 1946 Seagull outboard and slowing working through Patrick O'Brien's series of books. These are set on sailing ships during the Napoleonic wars and are a good read. I might have to convert the Investigator to a square rigger to try out some of my new found knowledge of studding sails and royals.
Ray
Investigator #39