$1000 investigator

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

$1000 investigator

Post by Ozzie »

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warragu ... 1320644378
For some odd, odd reason I can’t past this URL in Boats for sale so here it is .

Fixer but looks to be good bones. No sails so no number. Ray ? Any ideas? Unique paint scheme.
A4FA0CB3-9FDF-4910-8B96-160D20BB4B16.jpeg
Note unique rudder attachment structure and unusual outboard mount. Certainly worth a look for the handy person on a budget.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: $1000 investigator

Post by Geoff »

Looks like someone has had a go at modifying the pop top lifting? About pic 3, inside of rear bulkhead. Interesting concept.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Well spotted Geoff. My mate had a Court 750 that had that system. It’s is very good but you do have to wear four rods in the cabin. Note also he has cut the bulkhead away into the st’bd lazaret to create a full length bunk next to the added galley. Very inventive. Maybe the lazaret has been sealed up. I have thought about doing that many times (usually at 1am sleeping on the boat :cry: ) to extend my bunk by 300mm to accommodate my big feet but have let the idea go.

I think from the description this boat would be a good basis for a makeover if the hull is sound as per the ad. A low cost boat with no outboard is probably better than an expensive one with an old OB which you are still paying for and may have to replace sooner than later. If the trailer only has minimal rust and I’m assuming that’s the case if it will get a permit then that’s probably a bonus. Things like springs and tyres are an easy fix and then you’ll start your Investigator ownership with new ones.

Hoping someone takes it up and posts the makeover on here. It would be another one interesting to follow.

Edit: the outboard mount appears to be an up/down sliding arrangement. Plus it has a brace to hold OB when trailered or possibly when sailing as well.
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

I totally missed the galley and bunk extension Ozzie. Someone has been innovative.

Terrific seeing things like that on top of what forum members have done to make their boat their own.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Bump. Still on the market. If it was in nsw and rego trailer I’d buy it myself and give the boat away.
Winter is coming ……just the time to do up a vintage TS .
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)