Sol Invictus has a new family

General Sailing Talk
sol invictus

Sol Invictus has a new family

Post by sol invictus »

Yep, she is going off to Victoria, so... a little bit closer to the Lakes and with the freedom to travel to SA, NSW and Queeny a lot easier to sail with other Investigators.
Steve her new owner will inherit this log in and I'll make a new one up... wanna keep in touch with the forum and I will get another investigator one day.

she has been a wonderful boat and has handled some very heavy weather very safely, but most of all has been a kind boat that has given me hours of joy.... I will never forget my last trip... 4 days out with my partner in the Huon - Channel, we had sunshine, Jayne caught (yep she fed us) nice flat head and on the last day we made it home with 40knot + gail on the nose.... yes... the main down rolled furler going up river and the Honda 5hp certainly showed it had the guts to push us through the chop. wet we did get, but safe we also felt, even if we were the only boat in the Channel apart from one big tug ... ha ha ha... wonderful memories.

congrats Steve and make many memories more.
Attachments
Channel Cruise Randels anchored.jpeg
Channel Cruise poptop.jpeg
Channel cruise Huon River.jpeg
Steve
Investigator "Sol Invictus"
Melbourne
sol invictus

Re: Sol Invictus has a new family

Post by sol invictus »

Hi everyone, no its not David but Sol's new owner Steve. First of all I want to say thankyou to David for taking such good care of SOL and for selling her to me and I can assure him I will keep her in the condition she deserves. I also want to say thankyou to all on this website and the excellent source of information on here relating to all things Investigator. After much research of many different boats and reliance on enthusiasts like yourselves supplying the wealth of information now easily accessible to the magic world wide web I was not only able to make a decision on the type of boat that would suit me but know there is lots of support out there in the sailing community in general.

Anyway I cant wait to pick up SOL next weekend and I will keep you all posted on my sailing adventures.

Steve :D