Manual Bilge Pump instalation

Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Re: Manual Bilge Pump instalation

Post by Peter T »

Hi all, as promised, here is the installation of the manual bilge pump. Note I had to run a tape of epoxy fibreglass around the outer edges of the cockpit locker floor. Against the hull, there was nothing, suspect it was just sat down on some bog originally which could give cause of water getting below into the floatation chambers. The old glass around the rest of it had lifted in places so decided to fix it as I went. Than gave it a coat of white epoxy primer ( Northane ShipShape).
I think I will line the floor with that blue rubber grating that you get to protect it from scratching etc.
Cheers.
20220420_122419.jpg
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Post by Watto »

How many outlets do you have in the transom?
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Hi Luke. I have one outlet in the transom at the top of it just inside the inner edge of the starboard locker for the manual pump, so it's near the top of the boarding ladder towards the centre of the boat.
The other two outlets for the electric bilge pumps located in each side of the centreboard case are towards the top rear of each of the cabin bunks directly into the cockpit. Their pickup is obviously at the bottom of the bilge each side of the centreboard case at the rear of those compartments. This way, if they happen to operate, it will be seen.
The pick up for the manual pump is from the bottom of the compartment of the rear lead in the keel, just behind the rear of the centreboard case where the lift rope exits it
20220422_130822.jpg
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Hi all, thought I would post some pictures of the bilge pump set up in Sail La Vie.
20231222_174111.jpg
20231222_174202.jpg
Cheers
Attachments
20231222_174243.jpg
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114