Trailer Storage

General Sailing Talk
IanS
Investigator Boat Name: Rhythm

Trailer Storage

Post by IanS »

Hi Folks,

Not much sailing here recently, sadly...

I have spent the last two weekends replacing the drum brake assemblies on the trailer. The old ones were completely rusted up.
https://sunrisetrailerparts.com.au/prod ... rake-drum/
https://sunrisetrailerparts.com.au/prod ... ing-plate/

As the boat is on a mooring, I'd like to get the trailer off the street as I have no space for it. I can see there is some affordable trailer storage in Victoria. Does anyone know of somewhere within 100km of Northern Sydney where I could leave my trailer?

Also looking for tips to stop a rust patch on the trailer, I have wire wheeled it and covered with fishoilene as previous attempts at cold galvanising paint failed. It could also do with some welding which is beyond my skill set.

Thanks in advance,
Ian
Ian, Rhythm #121
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Trailer Storage

Post by Ozzie »

Hi Ian, as you’ve had no reply I have a suggestion, perhaps a gumtree ad (or local rural district newspaper) might pick up someone with a rural property with space for a nominal fee who might be interested. My friend was paying big dollars per month for caravan storage till he made the acquaintance of someone with a large rural property not to far away and leaves it there for the odd case of beer, just a thought.

I had an arrangement with a place I did some part time maintenance work with after I retired to leave my trailer there under one of their buildings in exchange for them occasionally using it to move equipment around as I had a removable ply platform built on the cross beams. Worked well for both parties for a few years till I left. Now like you, it’s cluttering up my yard and only does 4km a year at haulout time.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
IanS
Investigator Boat Name: Rhythm

Re: Trailer Storage

Post by IanS »

Thanks Ozzie, a "wanted" add on Gumtree might be a good idea.
Ian, Rhythm #121