Can i have a look ?

General Sailing Talk
Corsairthecouta

Can i have a look ?

Post by Corsairthecouta »

Hi all
Ive been looking for the next new to me boat, and from what i can see on-line, the Investigator 563 looks like it might just be the very thing. I’m in Brisbane and sail on Moreton Bay and was wondering if there is someone around Brisbane who would be willing to let me come and have a look one on the hard stand ? I’m on the tall side and am particularly wanting to make sure that i fit (even if vey tight) before i start trekking all over…. Cheers. Mark
Greg
Investigator Boat Name: Law and Disorder

Re: Can i have a look ?

Post by Greg »

Can’t help you with a look in as I’m in Sydney but I can tell you I am 6 foot and my big brother (literally) is 6’7 and we have no trouble getting around in our Investigator. No be honest your not going to find a better trailer sailer if your a big guy as almost all have big centreboard cases taking up the cabin space.
Greg
Investigator #10 - Law & Disorder
Sydney

https://www.facebook.com/lawanddisorder563/
https://www.instagram.com/sv_lawanddisorder/
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Post by Watto »

6’4 with a 6’1 mrs. We’ve both slept in the forward berth however we may next trip try the other two berths if we have no kids with us.

We fit and the fact the investigator doesn’t have the keel protruding the cabin was a big draw card for me.
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

The quarter berths are not super big. I’m 177 and I just fit but I’ve tried once sleeping cross ways near the companionway with an infill with my wife in the V berth. Works ok. Really you could, in a standard 563, have an extended infill for the V berth to extend it quite a bit. Portahead has to go in cockpit doing this.

One poster pointed out this crossways berth is not comfy in rough water due to the sea saw effect. I’ve only done it in calm water. It gives you full width of the boat for your height and more sideways space.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Corsairthecouta

Post by Corsairthecouta »

Hi all. Thanks for your replies on this, much appreciated. I’m used to low cabin height, and have the scalp scars to prove it, and though not overly tall at 6’4” as always, bunk lengths always seem to be a problem - most of the time time i seem to be sleeping on the cabin floor. My last boat was on 27’ but had long settees down each side and with an infill gave me a pretty good nights sleep. The v-berth was a no go zone. So this is good news on the 563, and i like the idea of the v-berth infill extending into the cabin. Might be a great solution. So, now the hunt begins for the “next boat” (there is a 563 for sale in Tasmania that looks like a cracker, but the southern isle might be just a bit far to go from Moreton Bay), mind the wife is insisting that i will have to sell the current boat 1st….. thanks again. Mark