Original Pinstripes

General Sailing Talk
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Original Pinstripes

Post by Peter T »

Hi all. Have found original style pinstripes for the Investigator. Just ordered 4 x 10 metre rolls. Should do for at least a couple of replacements. Can get this blue, black and a couple of other colours I think
See below
Screenshot_20210615-111853_Google.jpg
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Manango
Investigator Boat Name: RIPPLE

Re: Original Pinstripes

Post by Manango »

Thanks Peter,
Will definitely lock this information away. As I have started to scrape away the anti fouling on Ripple I uncovered what I suspect is the original waterline pin striping. They are different to the designs you posted - any thoughts?
Attachments
midships.jpg
bow.jpg
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Rick.
No, have never seen original waterline stripes. I suspect that has been added by whoever did the antifouling. These stripes are on the hull 6 or 8 inches or so below the timber tow rail. At the front of the boat they added a small second bit and trimmed to a point. The arrow at the front is just the same tape added under the top one and trimmed with a sharp blade
20210521_193847.jpg
IMG_0244.JPG
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Thanks for that Peter, great! Mine are a bit jaded.

I reckon new ones combined with Investigator 563 badging as Greg recently did will be the go for me.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"