Whitworths site

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Whitworths site

Post by Ozzie »

Anyone been able to get the Whitworths site up ? For a few days I get a warning that’s it’s a bogus site imitating Whitworths.
:shock:
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: Whitworths site

Post by Geoff »

Hi Ozzie,

If you put whitworths.com.au in the browser bar it redirects to their new site, a catalog format. I think its been like that for the last week or so.

But if you click old links to a product etc, it doesnt redirect and they must have let their ssl certificate lapse for the domain, so you get the browser warning.

They are changing their online format, but as yet none of the products are clickable. They have their phone numbers on the front page, so I think in the interim you find what you want in the catalog and phone order.

Thats all my best guess anyway.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Whitworths site

Post by Ozzie »

Thanks Geoff. I have icons set up in my favourites and I was using those. What fooled me was that they always work. Also when I did a google search only the uk site came up.

For those who might be unaware WW post new specials every three ( I think ) months on their splash page. These are usually quite good discounts on normally stocked items. For instance I bought a bilge blower once about half price. It is still sitting on the bench three years later :oops: .... it was half price though. :lol:
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)