Boat Names

General Sailing Talk
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Boat Names

Post by Peter T »

Hello all. Can anyone please tell me where I can find a complete list of I563 names and sail numbers. I have searched and have found a couple of incomplete lists. Is there an official one ? I have had a chap contact me regarding Investigators who owns a boat which has had two names he thinks." Luna Blue "and " Mistress", used to be in Lake Macquarie and was purchased from Maryborough. Looking for history on this boat
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: Boat Names

Post by Geoff »

G'day Peter,

There is no 'official' list. The closest thing is our Ray keeps the best available database he can based on others input and his observance. He will chime in no doubt and give his best.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Thanks Geoff. This boat I am talking about is being renamed " The Bradbree " so it would seem that it has had three names that we are aware of.
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Name changes seem to occur frequently with our boats. I have a record of both Luna Blue and Mistress at Lake Macquarie so now we can assume that it is the same boat. Mistress was for sale at Balcoyln Lake, Macquarie city in July 2020 before popping up for sale again at Tin Can Bay last October. It had the name Lady Jane painted on the side. Registration was the same as Mistress so definitely the same boat. I remember wondering at the time how someone managed to get it up to QLD through the closed border. So, we have

Lady Jane
Luna Blue
Mistress
The Bradbree

If your contact knows the boat number, I might be able to add some more names to the list.
July 2020 Mistress on the stern and Lady Jane on the cabin
July 2020 Mistress on the stern and Lady Jane on the cabin
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Maybe it’s other name is the TARDIS :?
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Hi Ray, I have found out the NSW Registration info for this boat. It is " ADE145N "
I hope this helps. Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

Craig12
Investigator Boat Name: The Bradbree

Post by Craig12 »

I have purchased the boat mentioned by Raya, and it is indeed back in Tin Can Bay via Maryborough. Her condition is good but. Will need some TLC. And yes she will be doing the Bay to Bay, with here new name, The Bradbree, and we can be followed in instagram under Bradbree Racing, Steven Bradbury follows us and is “honoured” my boats are. Named after him, our motto being ‘as long as we are upright, we are in with a chance’.