Merry Xmas to all forum members.

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Merry Xmas to all forum members.

Post by Ozzie »

Well , we have almost made it through 2020. No doubt one of the worst years in the modern age for many. As retirees we have been lucky to have used the time fruitfully and to re-evaluate what’s important I suppose. Our main worry has been our two daughters who have had to operate in the pandemic environment, one in the UK. To all those who have had to deal with the health, social and economic fallout of the last year I hope you have survived and looking forward to better time’s ahead. At times like these a simple hobby like a vintage trailer sailer can be a help , whether you’re working on it, sailing it, or just enjoying ownership it’s a welcome distraction from pandemics or the other woes of life.

Most important to thank Geoff for his setting up of the new format and generous hosting of it on his server and also to look back and thank Ian B for his years of providing us the same service. Ian , hope you’re new keeler is giving you all the pleasure you were seeking and you will visit us occasionally. To all those who have contributed to the knowledge base on here thanks. For simple old grp boats they certainly have longevity at whatever stage of decline they are in. Much like myself :shock:

From the Ozzie Clan, Merry Christmas or whatever your preferred expression is these days, happy holidays etc. Hope you all get to spend time with families and get a few sails in over the break and enjoy your boats. As I ALLWAYS say in these posts at this time of year, you are safer behind the tiller than the wheel, watch it on the road, they don’t call it silly season for nothing.

Lastly, and don’t quote me here but, I heard our Aldi man has a monogrammed Aldi torch for all of us :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Ozzie on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Re: Merry Xmas to all forum members.

Post by Peter T »

Beautiful post Ozzie, Ditto, May I just say same to you, hope your festive season is full of joy and happiness for you and yours and most of all, Stay safe.
Regards Peter T
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Thanks mate.

Commiserations to all those who have had their Xmas plans stuffed. Our family hookup has been partly reduced and we have heard most State health departments are saying don’t leave home till you ring on the day. Things are changing by the hour. Merry Xmas to all the dim bulbs who probably caused this :evil:
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Oh Ozzie, you make me laugh. Dim Bulbs indeed.🎄🎄
Illegitimate glow worms I reckon ( Bright Bastards )
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Wishing all the I563 owners out there a merry xmas and new year. Hope you lot down south get better weather than whats on up north now .(build up heat, rains forecast..which is a relief,). May santa bring good boat things!

Cheers
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria