Bargain on Gumtree

Yara50

Bargain on Gumtree

Post by Yara50 »

There is a bargain Investigator 563 on Gumtree for $1000! Only drawback is the trailer is not registered. Its in Dee Why Sydney, but so far the seller has not put up contact info..
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Manango
Investigator Boat Name: RIPPLE

Re: Bargain on Gumtree

Post by Manango »

SOLD. I bought it
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)
Manango

Post by Manango »

What a bummer

Got a message this morning saying that the bloke I was getting the boat from has sold it out from under me, so unless he changes his mind it looks like the search is on again. He told me he would hold it, but apparently his mate sold it when he was out of town, and it was exactly what I was looking for down to the size of the outboard. As I said What a bummer
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Not to worry, I have missed a few like that in my time.
Sometimes even if you have paid a deposit, they do a dutch auction.

If you do decide to choose a 4hp motor to get under the QLD regs, make sure it is a long shaft. Even with a long shaft, the prop can sometimes come out of the water, as I found out in washing machine conditions at the entrance to Broken Bay on an outgoing tide. A revving engine dropping back in the water can take out the shear pin, and leave you with only the sails to get you home.
Ian B
Manango

Post by Manango »

Thanks Ian,
I am not going to put anything up, I don't want to jinx myself, but all going well I may have got one. Bought it sight unseen. Just have to travel down to pick it up. Deposit paid so hopefully they will hold it. The seller sounds OK and he took it off the web site for sale. Just a bloody long drive
Rick Huntley

Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Manango wrote:Thanks Ian,
I am not going to put anything up, I don't want to jinx myself, but all going well I may have got one. Bought it sight unseen. Just have to travel down to pick it up. Deposit paid so hopefully they will hold it. The seller sounds OK and he took it off the web site for sale. Just a bloody long drive
Hope it is not the dodgy one on Gumtree where all the shots were from the outside of a boat parked on the street. Even one photo taken through the vehicle windscreen!
Ian B