Private message

General Sailing Talk
Olmate-sail 156

Private message

Post by Olmate-sail 156 »

Hi all
I sold my Investigator Sept 13 after nearly 10 enjoyable years.
A lot of that enjoyment was in the repair and refurbishment department.
I really loved that boat.
I recently got a genuine looking email saying there was a private message waiting for me with a reference to new owner.
After gaining access to the site I found no PM.
Anyone with any insight or information.
Olmate
Yara50

Re: Private message

Post by Yara50 »

Did you click the link to read the message?
As a precaution I would suggest to all members to not click on links in notification emails, but rather open your browser yourself and navigate to the site.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
David Russell

Post by David Russell »

Hi Graham

That would be me, I recently purchased your old boat and was hoping to have a chat to you but I seem to be having some technical difficulties mastering the forum. On the plus side I am indeed genuine and not Nigerian royalty.

Firstly, thanks to all who post here, I have been trawling through pages of interesting and useful information that is invaluable to the new owner.

Haven't actually got her in the water as yet but I am getting closer, hopefully this weekend time and tides will align with a few of the other variables and we will float! I was intending to introduce myself after the inaugural launching to thank one and all for the info and inspiration.

As to my technical difficulties, I attempted to send Graham a private message which has remained in my outbox rather than going over to my sent messages box (yet obviously he has had notification) and there is a time and date under the column heading 'Sent' on my outbox page. I was a little confused at the time because there does not appear to be a 'Send' button. My guess is I have failed in some small way to do something that is required (and probably obvious). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hopefully I can report a successful launch in due course.

Thanks

David
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

From my limited knowledge of these things, I think the message stays in the outbox until it is read by the addressee.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
David Russell

Post by David Russell »

Thanks Ian, that goes part way to explaining what has confused me.

I think all is working well now.

David