QUMBU for sale - Geelong, Victoria

geoffr

QUMBU for sale - Geelong, Victoria

Post by geoffr »

Hi folks:

It's been a while since I've posted here, and in the interim I've changed jobs - amongst other things. Anyway, that's forced my decision to reluctantly put QUMBU up for sale.

I'm not using my boat nearly as often as I thought I would, especially as I am now competitively crewing on a keel boat out of RGYC these days every Saturday, and helping my son renovate his house on Sundays.

So QUMBU is sitting there a bit wasted, and as lovely as she is, I thought she would be better placed with a skipper who might sail her more often, and go cruising and camping. My wife has no interest in either of these pursuits, so that's forcing my hand a little too. (I wonder how many guys out there are in the same boat?)

All the work I've done on her is well documented on this site over the past few years, so you can draw your own conclusions. The new sails are very nice, and certainly make a difference to her pointing ability. Still not a fast boat, but incredibly sturdy. And very pretty!
Anyway, I'll see what happens with this very first bidding round. There's no hurry, so it wont be a fire sale. If anyone's interested, you can see the details here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291580111383 ... 1555.l2649

Cheers,

Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
atles

Re: QUMBU for sale - Geelong, Victoria

Post by atles »

sorry to see you have to sell it but i know a good boat like that will sell fast mate
atles
Investigator #133 sky bird
brisbane
geoffr

Re: QUMBU for sale - Geelong, Victoria

Post by geoffr »

Thanks for your kind words Atles.

You are correct: the boat sold in under a week, and the new owner, Derek Russell from Eden Park north of metro Melbourne, collected QUMBU this morning.

I think he was very impressed with the fit out and restoration of my former boat.

I was very pleased and proud showing him in person all of the things I'd done to her over the past five years.

My front lawn is very bare now: no boat obscuring our view anymore!

Might have to fix that sooner rather than later. I wonder what's next?

Regards to all,

Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia