P***ing match

General Sailing Talk
clayton.lee

P***ing match

Post by clayton.lee »

I don't know if there have been swearing regulations put in place, but I figured since I am the only one here who can edit anyone's posts, I might as well push the boundaries......

This is my ride:

Careel 18 - Sail # 403 - in flight at the 2007 nationals.

I seem to recall that the Investigator and the C18 both have very similar performance characteristics - since I own/operate the Careel forum (http://www.careel.com) and have put this forum together for Ian, maybe the event should be celebrated with a social hitout on Pittwater one weekend, followed up with beers and a bbq somewhere pleasant.

I am not sure that the official Careel authorities will sanction it - but if the right people got talking, surely it would be great for both classes.

I am fairly confident that I am not the right person, due to my inability to organise a piss up in a brewery and all (there is that swearing again) - but I might sneak a little link onto the Careel site and see if anyone there wants to pick up the gauntlet.

I am actually not sure if our boat has been sailed in anger again SINCE the 2007 nationals, so it would probably be a great excuse to pop it in the water again.

Clayton
clayton.lee

Re: P***ing match

Post by clayton.lee »

Yara50

Re: P***ing match

Post by Yara50 »

Hi Clayton
A million thanks again for your help. I guess our pent-up frustration with the commercial sites has been unleashed and we just couldn't help ourselves with the posting.

A great idea to have a joint sail. As a former Careeler I keep a lookout on that site too.
Incidentally I was at Gosford today and spotted a lonely Mk3 with no visible name in a storage yard.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara