wanted

vfborg

Re: wanted

Post by vfborg »

would be good to see how your outboard well turns out on your 563 look forward to see some photos when you are done.You would have to make sure that the motor sits low enough so you can get decent propulsion in heavy seas. Hope all goes well on this project.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Yara50 wrote:Brendan,
Following on your concept, why not build the well on the side of the transom where the current bracket is, with a short bracket or false transom to mount the motor. The advantage of side mounting is to counteract the effect of "Prop Walk" , and you would need to check the rotation direction of your prop to decide which side. Plus, when side mounted, you do not have to fiddle with the rudder design.
That is pretty much what i have been thinking about ian. A lot easier than making a twin rudder arrangement. I just have to make a proper plan before i chop anything.
Brendan. investigator 153
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

vfborg wrote:would be good to see how your outboard well turns out on your 563 look forward to see some photos when you are done.You would have to make sure that the motor sits low enough so you can get decent propulsion in heavy seas. Hope all goes well on this project.
Thank you. I will post pics.
Brendan. investigator 153