Nice way to hide the porta potti

cruiserpete

Nice way to hide the porta potti

Post by cruiserpete »

Hi all,

I've noticed a few I563 seem to have their porta potti's on display for all the world to see and I can only imagine this is not an aspect of our lovely I563's that we want people to see...

My I563 came with this fantastic porta potti hide away box that seem to look factory made as the hinges are rebated into the FibreGlass... but I cannot confirm if this is a stock factory item..

Any hoo... here is the lovely porta potti cover hide away box... Oh, and it's a fantastic seat plus when folded in the up position so one can access the porta potti to do their business..the fold up cover is quite strong because it also has support rods on each side so it makes a fairly strong back support. Although, in a rolling sea the folded up back support might be tested...then again, who tempts fate in a small boat by going 'potti' when the sea is rough lol... Lastly, there is a wooden plank that sits in the rebated areas along the sides in front of this porta potti cover (front of picture not bow) so a square piece of marine ply can act as an extra bedding support...

Steve

Re: Nice way to hide the porta potti

Post by Steve »

looks good Pete, I have found though, when I have taken people out sailing, the best place to hide the porta pot is in the shed.
I look upon the porta potti as an evil thing that I have found totally unnecessary on my boat, nobody has used it yet simply because I tell them they cant and If it ever did get used I would most likely throw the thing overboard :)
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Steve wrote:looks good Pete, I have found though, when I have taken people out sailing, the best place to hide the porta pot is in the shed.
I look upon the porta potti as an evil thing that I have found totally unnecessary on my boat, nobody has used it yet simply because I tell them they cant and If it ever did get used I would most likely throw the thing overboard :)
Hahaha.... I like your thinking Steve, I may adopt a 'go now (at the marina/wharf facilities) or go overboard' attitude :-)

I'll stow mine onboard for weekenders and longer but for a day sail I'll leave it in the shed.... well, let's just say... make sure you're downwind :-(

Cheers, Pete
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

It is commonly reported that the bodies of single handed sailors are often recovered with their flys undone.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Yara50 wrote:It is commonly reported that the bodies of single handed sailors are often recovered with their flys undone.
Good point :-)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yara50 wrote:It is commonly reported that the bodies of single handed sailors are often recovered with their flys undone.
Obviously these sailors are like me and would rather die than use a porta potti
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

LM is twice the size of Sydney Harbour . Loos are few and far between . I have had an all female crew for 20 years . It's porta loo or solo sailing. They are so easy to empty these days with no smell it's never been an issue . When I run out of my large bottle of chemical I'm going with Napisan as recommended by TSP. Funny we don't complain about removing pelican dung on deck and it's raw :lol: :lol: and think what they eat :shock:

Mines behind a door which helps the visual aspect but I think the above set up with the timber looks great.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)