Racing

General Sailing Talk
Dr. Peter

Racing

Post by Dr. Peter »

After three back-to-back races on my Maricat yesterday in light conditions I am feeling a bit tender and wondering whether I should be campaigning a more forgiving craft. The only one I have is Pip. Is anyone on the forum racing their Investigator and how are they going?
Peter
Pip #127
Olmate-sail156

Re: Racing

Post by Olmate-sail156 »

Hi Peter,
I haven't checked the site for a while and see you've had no answers.
I've been racing Olmate for a few years (river racing with the local yacht club) and became thoroughly discouraged. See my posts from a while back. I got some good feedback about it and am persevering though have missed a few races this year because of having it laid up for painting but that's a whole other story.
It's really a cruising boat though we have our good days. Our handicap ranges in the high 500's.
Regards, Graeme
RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Hi Folks,

I entered the Bay to Bay last year and came first in our catagory on the Saturday. Sunday was not so good. Have entered again for this year.

Robert
Olmate-sail156

Post by Olmate-sail156 »

Hi Robert,
If there was another Investigator to share the tail with I would consider the Bay to Bay.
It's lonely back there!
When is it?
Graeme
RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Hi Graeme,

Qld Labor day long weekend. 5/6/7th May.

Robert
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Hi Peter and co
I found this offshore trailer sailer race notification on the TSP site for April 29 2012.
http://www.wyc.yachting.org.au/?Page=58472
Sailing from Port Kembla harbour to Wollongong harbour via the Five islands.
Right on my doorstep and a great ramp and jetty in Port Kembla harbour. - I'm not into racing but I have entered and will give it a try just for the experience of sailing with other trailer sailers.
Cheers
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Good luck with the passage race. I had a quick look at the website and while its a bit too far for me to go, I would be very interested to learn about your experience.

After my recent Quenscliff to Geelong passage race here in Victoria, I think I563s could be fantastic boats for this kind of racing. You may not win but you'll finish with the feeling that yes, I have bought a great little boat.

Enjoy,
Peter

No longer the YYC Commodore
Peter
Pip #127
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Thanks and will send report and pics.
An ominous sign? - when filling in the class on the online entry form - every type of trailer sailer is listed (even my old 50's Corsair) but no Investigator 563 class!
So I'm sailing as "other trailable yacht"
:x
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'