Lake Macquarie

General Sailing Talk
Dr. Peter

Lake Macquarie

Post by Dr. Peter »

We are planning a trip from NE Victoria to Lake Mac during the January break. Would like to know a good place to put in and secure the car and trailer. Any thoughts?
Peter
Peter
Pip #127
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Lake Macquarie

Post by Ozzie »

Hi Peter. The TSP guys use Wangi and Styles Point at the OCT long weekend and seem to have no problem. I am based on the opposite side of the lake and use Valentine or Croudace Bay. Valentine has a car park in front of houses and is busy but not as good a ramp as Croudace. It's difficult to advise on car security, sometimes it's just shear luck. You would be welcome to leave your car / t in front of my place but we have had hoons vandalize neighbors cars and my trailer recently so as I say it's hard.

There is secure lockup storage for car / trailer at Redhead and Teralba caravan storage and I would be happy to meet up and ferry you back to your boat if you wish. If you wanted to store your trailer, you are reasonably safe with your car in the suburban streets at Valentine.

Pm me if I can help. This goes for any other 563 s coming to LM during the break . Maybe we can a have an unofficial get together.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Ozzie,
Apologies for the slow reply. Currently the first mate is making the very reasonable point that we need a base and that a marina could provide that base as well as security for our car and trailer.
Any thoughts on that?
Peter
Peter
Pip #127
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Sorry Lake Mac is too hard,
Good old Gippsland Lakes is now our point of departure. We are looking at traveling on the the 12th of Jan - in the water on the 13th then out about five days later.
Peter
Peter
Pip #127
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Hi Peter .

The only Marina I've ever used is Marmong Cove and that was 20 years ago when I had my cruiser on the hard stand before I got the mooring. I've been back a few times over the years and I think they do have lockup compound for cars. No idea what the fees are for a berth, but I guess it's all part of the holiday and cheaper than a hotel . They are adjacent a ramp and have fuel and a chandlery. There is a marina at Marks Point but it is only street parking and not sure about much else . Try the web, I think they both have sites.. There is also LM yacht club at Belmont but I don't know if they have casual berths. Their restaurant is good. I think you can use the facilities and pay for night berths at Wangi RSL? Tsp guys know the ropes there. But once again street parking.

Once again if I can help send me a pm.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Going to Gippsland Lake, now.
Peter
Peter
Pip #127