General Sailing Talk
Cooper

Investigator for sale in Brisbane

Post by Cooper »

snoopebj

Re: Investigator for sale in Brisbane

Post by snoopebj »

Hi Cooper
Yes right - not much info and for the $15k price tag would need to be in good nick with good trailer and outboard.
From my own experience. and others on this and the TSP site. a good trailer is critical and more important than the boat condition.
Other important and expensive issues on buying an Investigator are the centre board casing and bolt condition.
Off topic - I have followed your posts here and on TSP site with interest - as my main obsession is to sail my Investigator offshore as well.
I have sailed in keel boats out of Wollongong and to Sydney and used to sail my Corsair 16 to Shellharbour and back on calm days. I have made a few mods to my boat and trialling them at present on Lake Illawarra. (larger transom drain.stronger washboards/hatch cover/pop-top supports, pad-bolted pop top and forward hatch. safety harness points, electrics etc)
When I gain more offshore experience on my Investigator (and hopefully survive) I will post the mods in the technical section.
Cheers
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

I am sure many others on here would appreciate seeing the mods without waiting for you to try them out offshore and your shared experiences when you do go out. I certainly will. Good luck with your plan. ;)

Coops.
LarryW

Post by LarryW »

At this time I have no yearning to go outside. Heck, right now I just want to spend some time learning and enjoying Moreton Bay.

Even if I never go outside I would love to see the ideas that you come up you have made. Especially those dealing with the pop top.

Cheers
Larry
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Ok guys I can post them into the technical section next monday.
Happy sailing
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Good man, and thank you.

Coops