563 in Melbourne - $7k

simonbeeton

563 in Melbourne - $7k

Post by simonbeeton »

Hi all,

1982 investigator 563 for $7k in Melbourne.

Any opinions if this is reasonable value?
Appears to be original sails and I understand the motor has been left in salt water for about 3 months.
Has had full anti foul treatment to hull to allow it to be kept in berth.

Also any comments on keeping 563 permanently in the water beyond the normal issues.

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/investigator/563/
Attachments
01.JPG
Yara50

Re: 563 in Melbourne - $7k

Post by Yara50 »

Hi Simon. Best would be to check out the boat yourself. Critical items are the trailer and the motor, as they are the big tickets. Look for the age of the trailer tyres (even with lots of tread, they have to be replaced every 10 years), rust in the frame, etc. Is it registered? Re registering is a pain and a cost. Service history of the motor? Can it be demonstrated on site? Anti-foul on the hull is not a selling point, and time on a mooring can cause corrosion of the centre plate. Climb under the trailer and shine a torch up into the casing.

Just looking and talking to the owner will give you a feel about the condition of the boat. The price is in the ball park, but it is a buyer's market ATM.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Does anyone recognise this Investigator? (Name or number) The black mast is very distintive.

I don't think we have come across this one before.
Attachments
TQ637.jpg
Ray
Investigator #39
neilmac

Post by neilmac »

Hi All

I'm in the process of cleaning up my Investigator ready for sale. It does need a paint and some fix ups on the keel. Otherwise she is good to go. Basically I have bought a new boat and just don't have the time nor the energy to work on 2 boats. So, she who must be obeyed has ordered me to get rid of it so go it must.

Trailer in good condition with newish (late 2017) wheels, axles, brakes etc
Power winch
Motor works well - 6hp mercury 4 stroke
Large battery and 40w solar,

Priced to sell $2,000
Boat is in Elsternwick Vic

Will keep on working on it so price may go up
Attachments
IMG_0998-2.jpg
Neil
Compass Rose, Elsternwick Vic