Sea Wife

Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Sea Wife

Post by Raya »

This Investigator is for sale on Gumtree. Located in Brisbane and selling for $5000. I haven't seen it come up for sale before, so a new one for our list.

It is interesting in that the outboard bracket is on the starboard side. It had, at some time, an outboard well in the port locker which has now been glassed over. Seems strange, as it is a later model with two hinges on the front hatch.
Attachments
$_20.JPG
$_20 (3).JPG
Ray
Investigator #39
atles

Re: Sea Wife

Post by atles »

interesting and in my neighborhood :D
atles
Investigator #133 sky bird
brisbane
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

It is possible that someone liked the idea of the well, and ordered a special. Then they learned the hard way about the disadvantages of this type of well, and glassed it in.
The theory of which side to mount the outboard bracket is based on prop rotation. Clockwise rotation theoretically kicks the stern to starboard, so port mount compensates. Dont think it really matters much. Might also have something to do with whether you are right or left handed.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

My theory of the outboard mount location is that, because the boarding steps are moulded into the hull on the starboard side, the outboard is mounted on the other side to get it out of the way of someone trying to climb aboard. (I've never tried to climb aboard using the moulded inserts because I have a ladder. Don't think it would be easy.)

Theory number 2: It would be easier for right handed people to start an outboard mounted on the port side.
Ray
Investigator #39