i563 For Sale $6950 - Batemans Bay

seanslife

i563 For Sale $6950 - Batemans Bay

Post by seanslife »

Hello again
Sadly, I must part with Whispering Wind, a fine safe and well appointed little trailer sailer (more like a small yacht really) ;)
You can see her at this website: http://www.baybroker.com.au/batemans_ba ... 563/161877

During the time I've owned Whispering Wind I've sailed mostly on Lake Burley Griffin with the occasional long range trip to Broken Bay, Batemans Bay or Newcastle. On each occasion I've lived on board for a week at a time, very comfortably, wither in Marinas or at Anchor. You will note the Galley area setup which makes cooking and stowage painless. The trailer tows effortlessly, and I've weighed it (loaded) at 1200KG

I've upgraded the anchor chain; re-galvanised the center plate; and fitted a VHF (DCS and AIS capable); upgraded to LED Nav Lights. I've recently replaced the battery on the boat and the tyres on the trailer. The lights on the trailer have recently been changed to LED.

Please give Ron a call at Batemans Bay Yacht Brokerage

Cheers
Sean
Attachments
IMG_0245.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG (30.11 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
Whispering Wind at Newcastle Marina
Whispering Wind at Newcastle Marina
IMG_0229.JPG (36.83 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
Whispering Wind on tow
Whispering Wind on tow
IMG_0219.JPG (34.02 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
Sean G
"Whispering Wind"
i563: #144
Canberra

http://www.seansboatbuild.blogpsot.com.au
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: i563 For Sale $6950 - Batemans Bay

Post by Raya »

Sean,

Sad to see it go. I like the interior fit-out of Whispering Wind.

As this is a later model Investigator, could you share the HIN number with us before it goes. This may help our HIN number puzzle and also help to track her in future if the name is changed by the new owner.
Ray
Investigator #39
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Ray, Chatting to the guy who runs the Compass group, he mentioned that the boat registration number is a good way to track a boat with multiple name changes. As long as the boat is not moved interstate, that number stays the same.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
seanslife

Post by seanslife »

G'Day Ray
I must have missed your question in the rush of moving to US. The HIN for Whispering Wind was AUWWA016371CL6 (according to my insurance records anyway). It was sail number 144, sold on through a broker in 2017 (I don't know new name or whereabouts of boat). Great little boat and I will look for one when I return to Aus in 2021.

Hope that helps

Sean
Sean G
"Whispering Wind"
i563: #144
Canberra

http://www.seansboatbuild.blogpsot.com.au