Port Hacking Three great days

Stories and pics of Investigators on the water - and getting there.
snoopebj

Port Hacking Three great days

Post by snoopebj »

Putting in at Swallow Rock ramp Grays Point and sailing from North West Arm past Gymea Bay and Yowie Bay on to sheltered South West Arm public moorings.
Attachments
map_1.jpeg
swarm].jpg
hacking.jpg
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Yara50

Re: Port Hacking Three great days

Post by Yara50 »

Looks like you had a great outing. Thanks for the pictures.

Couple of questions:
Looks like you have an excellent pop top cover. Did you make it, or do you know who did?
How did you find the Swallow rock boat ramp? Google maps shows the parking absolutely full.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
snoopebj

Re: Port Hacking Three great days

Post by snoopebj »

Hi Ian
The pop-top cover was custom made by Phoenix canvas (Oak Flats) and the guy in charge is Scott (0415626778) - I rang him and he says he can take orders from Jan 06 2014 - he doesn't have my original patterns (2 years ago) but I'm quite willing to lend him my cover to make some if any one's interested.
The cover has two fixed high quality plastic windows forward with two roll-up ones each side and a small rear window on the zippered rear door. The netting either side makes it airy in the cabin and the stainless push fasteners all round gives the pop-top extra strength together with the larger front struts I put in.
It's the best mod I've had for this boat and transforms it into a mini motor sailer. In fact I had the top up for the three days including a brisk sail on Yowie bay in 20-25knots chased by a Castle 650. I have duplicate cleats on either side of my winches for my jib sheets when pop-top is covered. The only draw back is I cannot use the boom vang - the Investigator still gave the Castle a run for its money though even with its three crew hanging from the gunnels!
Correct - Swallow Rock ramp gets very busy on the weekends - we've had to queue previously. However a great ramp with good facilities and secure - best used mid-week.
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'