sailing on the murray at goolwa

General Sailing Talk
ianb9

sailing on the murray at goolwa

Post by ianb9 »

Hi
I just stopped by to give a quick hello to a fellow investigator i bumped into sailing at Goolwa yesterday, or the day before. I have lost track of the days during the xmas break.
I was sailing in my investigator Sail number 95 called St Kilda, when I saw a fine little boat coming up fast. As it went by I noticed it had the name Private Eye stenciled on its rump and sail number 104. It was the only time I have seen another investigator around for ages and it was a bit of a buzz.

The name was Private Eye, singular not Private eyes. I was wondering who the owner might be and if they were a member of the forum.

If they are a local to the Goolwa area Are they planning to enter the Milang to Goolwa classic race on the 26th.?

I will be entering and hopefully finishing.

Cheers for now
sail number 95 no name on boat
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: sailing on the murray at goolwa

Post by Raya »

I'm away from Australia at the moment so don't have access to my Investigator folders. I'll check when I get back in a week or so to see if I have any additional info about Private Eye.
Ray
Investigator #39
Raya

Post by Raya »

The Private Eye that I refered to was number 108 and was one of three Investigators once owned by Peter Yates in Victoria. I believe he sold it sometime back in 2010. The problem here is that the sail number doesn't match the observed Investigator. The photo I have of Private Eye shows that it has a distinctive raised cabin hatch.

Sail number #104 is a boat called Allana. (I also have a listing #119 Allana in QLD.) #104 was in SA so this one may have been renamed Private Eye. I don't have a photo. The only other detail I have is that this boat has been fitted with an inboard diesel engine.

Did you, by chance, take a photo of the passing Investigator.
bd4875578622331119712.jpg
Last edited by Raya on Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
Investigator #39
Raya

Post by Raya »

Sorry, Yes, I meant 108. I've amended my post.

Because of the name Investigator, there tends to be a lot of boat names relating to investigators. The most common was Sherlock. There are a few of these.
Ray
Investigator #39