Xmas ....again.

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Xmas ....again.

Post by Ozzie »

My, life picks up amazing speed after 60. Xmas again and not nearly enough sailing done in the last 12 months . Anyway seasons greetings to all. We are now in Canberra to spend Xmas with my daughter and her husband. It’s bloody hot here and after spending last Xmas in England with daughter number two I think I’d rather be there. But the sailing season is pretty short :D

Thanks again to Ian for the forum and good luck finding your new boat.

As I say every year be careful, the briny is safer than the bitumen.

cheers from Ozzie and Ozzie’s Mob
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: Xmas ....again.

Post by Raya »

Seasons greetings to all who visit this site.

Not much sailing for me at the moment either. I've been trying to spot an Investigator in Saigon (Ho Chi Min City) but no luck yet. I found a shop with a boatload of sailing ships but alas no Investigators among them.
Saigon ships .jpg
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

I wonder how a square rigged investigator would go Ray :lol: would remove the possibility of my getting clocked by the boom running downwind I guess.

On a more serious note we are now near Dalgety on our last round of visiting relos over the break. Yesterday we were in Threadbo. The smoke haze has hung in the air everywhere we have been and here right now.

We have been closely monitoring fires across the state during our travels on the RFS Fire app which if you don’t have it, I highly recommend it. When we left home we prepared the house put up a STATIC Water Supply sign (pool)and registered it with the local brigade. Not keen on being away but you can’t spend the rest of your life sitting on your porch with a garden hose I guess. In my travels around the country over the years I’ve never seen things so bad. Our group of friends decided to skip presents for each other this year and donate to CWA. I won’t go into it here but country folk are telling us this is absolutely the best way to use donations.

Anyway I hope all of our members are doing ok and safe. For those fighting or facing fire and dry conditions may the new year bring some relief
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
atles

Post by atles »

i have had only one sail last year as i had to build a new trailer for her
but it was good getting out on the water in her again:)
still building my big boat it taken two year so far :roll:
atles
Investigator #133 sky bird
brisbane