Yara seeks new custodian

General Sailing Talk
Yara50

Yara seeks new custodian

Post by Yara50 »

After more than 13 years in my care, it is time to pass Yara to a new custodian. Thought I would provide our members with the first option before going to the market.

I am still working on a description of all her charms, but there are so many, it is a long list. Also have just given the Mariner 5hp some TLC and a new water pump.

Reference to this site will illustrate the many thousands of dollars and hours I have spent on adding creature comforts and sailing gear to her, and her trailer. It was a labour of love. I shall miss her.
Suffice to say the asking price will be $8k. If you need a tow vehicle I will also be selling my beloved one owner Subaru Liberty with tow bar, roof racks, and only 175km on the clock, for a pittance.

If interested, you can PM me, or you will find my phone number on the thread "Joining The Site". viewtopic.php?f=2&t=983
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Re: Yara seeks new custodian

Post by Andrew »

G'day Ian,

Sad to hear its parting time. I'm sure Yara has been very well looked after in your care, hope you can remain with this forum with your sound advice in future. Good luck with finding the right person to take care of her.
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Andrew wrote:G'day Ian,

Sad to hear its parting time. I'm sure Yara has been very well looked after in your care, hope you can remain with this forum with your sound advice in future. Good luck with finding the right person to take care of her.
Thanks Andrew. I will keep this site going as long as I can, it does not cost much. However, it would be nice if someone would volunteer to take it over.
Cheers Ian
Ian B
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Yara is sold to our new members Geoff and Sue from Monto in Central Queensland. I wish them a safe trip home and much enjoyment from a lovely boat.
Ian B
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Congratulations on selling Yarra Ian and the best on search for your new vessel. Just putting it out there that if anyone is interested in volunteering to take over the forum I’m happy to assist as back up moderator if needed.

My main issue is we now travel allot. Last year we were out of the country for over six weeks and as part of that travel is normally cruise ships, we eschew their expensive and usually inadequate internet. Even when OS we find free wi fi clunky and unsecured. Back in Oz we now have a small off road capable motorhome and as such we are in and out regularly and are often out of mobile range . Secondary to that, is my deteriorating back is hampering my enjoyment of sailing. While I’m trying to stay on top of matters and have been modifying the boat to be as friendly as possible to my issues, this season will be something of a test as to whether we keep Spritz. We certainly want to.

Anyway that’s a summary of why I would prefer to assist some more tech savvy member rather that take over the forum. I did manage a temporary google groups forum we had for a while as an interim but it was a fill in the form setup with not much in the way of expertise required. I would of course be happy to help with costs as I’ve said before and welcome to our new members.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)