Cheers
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Investigator For Sale e-bay

Post by Ozzie »

There is nothing in these photos that would worry me too much if I were a potential buyer except the trailer which is not too visible. 10 minutes with a pressure washer makes a world of difference and I'm always surprised sellers don't do this before taking photos, then again sometimes boats are sold through unfortunate circumstance .

Unless the trailer in unusable this boat would seem ok at around 3500. It's fair to say there is fast becoming a dearth of purchasable investigators on the market. Sure you can buy one with a motor but then you are buying that motor with whatever problems rather than a new one or one you pick secondhand based on it's condition alone. If you are local and want a 563 I would certainly check this one out.

Interesting interior configuration, front side berths sealed and removable boards right down the centre section. It is a single hinge on the forward hatch indicating a first production run.

It boils down to what do people expect to get for $3000. No vin number on trailer is not an issue as far as I'm aware. Also if the trailer is 30 years old I'm told told rego requirements are not as stringent as building a new one at least in NSW as it's a rereg. I had no plate on my 563 you just take your purchase receipt to a boat code place and get one, which is needed for registration in NSW.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Interesting interior configuration, front side berths sealed and removable boards right down the centre section. It is a single hinge on the forward hatch indicating a first production run.
This is the same as Yara I #50.
I wonder if the sails have a number on them.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I had a look at this boat this afternoon.

It comes with two mainsails, numbered 148 and 003, with minor stitching damage to the top batten pocket of 148. I doubt they're a very good shape, but they appear structurally sound and fit for another season or two. There's a nice looking jib off of someone's skiff.

Apparently the boat was bought as a project off a mooring at Williamstown 3 years ago and has not been used or worked on since; the owner has had a change of circumstances and has a shiny one week old Mac 26 sitting in the front yard!

The deck has been painted at some time and doesn't look better for it.

The plywood cores of both cockpit locker lids have got damp, one is particularly badly swollen and cracked, as can be seen in the photos. The foredeck forward of the front hatch seems sound.

The port cockpit locker has the well and support structure for the outboard but the bottom of the well has never been cut out through the hull.

The trailer has been painted with silver (cold gal?) paint in places. It looks professionally built and definitely specifically designed for an Investigator. Probably not immediately towable where it stands, but not hard to pull apart and fix in situ.

Graham
Potential convert to Investigating.
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Change of circumstances .....must have won lotto.

But is he happy with his shiney Mac.....

....looked really happy.... :|
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Perhaps this is Olive Oil sail no 003. Was on a mooring and reputed to be suffering from flexing deck and sticky centreboard.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara